The Northeast Arc Users Group (NEARC) is a regional group of people from many disciplines who are interested in geospatial technology in some form or other. You join by showing up or joining the email list– all are welcome! NEARC is a non-profit organization that hosts a 3-day conference every fall at venues around New England. NEARC also hosts a one-day spring meeting. Previously, Spring NEARC has been held at UMass and Smith College.
This year on May 8, Spring NEARC will be held at the University of Connecticut!
As a NEARC Board member and this year’s chair of the Spring Host Committee, I have been hard at work to bring a top-notch gathering to Connecticut. Highlights include:
- UConn’s own Debs Ghoush keynote presentation about the role of GIS is social aspects of health.
- A full-day of Esri sessions covering topics such as ArcGIS Overviews, Insights for ArcGIS, ArcGIS Enterprise, Python, ArcGIS Utility Network, ArcGIS Online and Workforce for ArcGIS.
- Three more concurrent sessions covering topical areas such as Transportation, UAVs, Web Maps, GIS Management, Utilities, Data Collection, Analysis and more!
- Two optional (RSVP required) hands-on workshops – Publishing Historic Maps as Tile Cache on ArcGIS Online and Introduction to ArcGIS Pro.
- Poster session and contest with at least 28 posters!
- Lunch in the UConn Student Union.
- Post-conference social at the True Blue Tavern on the UConn campus.
This is a great opportunity for all levels of geospatial folks AND it is in our own back yard! To learn more and register, visit the Spring NEARC web page. I hope to see you there!